Albert Mondor has a diploma in ornamental horticulture and a degree in biology. He is working as an horticulturist – garden designer since 30 years. He is giving lectures throughout Canada. His gardening chronicle is published every saturday in the Journal de Montréal and the Journal de Québec since 1999. In april 2013, Mondor published his ninth book titled Les vertus miraculeuses des agrumes. He his the co-host of a gardening television show called Le Tour du Jardin, presented on Historia channel.
Albert Mondor designed many residential and commercial landscapes.
His most recent creations are:
- The Glass and Metal Garden – Montreal International Mosaïcultures 2013
- Green Wall – Biosphere – Jean-Drapeau Park of Montréal
- (in collaboration with Smith Vigeant architectes)
- The Biodiversity Garden – Tricentris – Lachute
- The Pond Garden – Old Port of Montreal (in collaboration with Claude Cormier architectes paysagistes)
Known for being rigorous and professional, Albert Mondor is called to serve on various committees. He is part of the trial committee for the Mérites Horticoles of the Montreal Botanical Garden and the trial committee for the Exceptionnelles of the Daniel A. Séguin Garden in Saint-Hyacinthe. He is also the coordinator of the Nature Reserve Selection program (selectionreservenaturelle.com)