Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Services to Persons with Disabilities
Premier Tech Home & Garden is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals have equal access to our products and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Our manufacturing and distribution locations are not open to the general public; however our Mississauga office is open to receive visits from customers and suppliers with appointments.
We will ensure that our team members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed in designated meeting rooms that are available for appointments.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
All visits are by appointment therefore when arranging the meeting any temporary disruption to services will be discussed and alternative arrangements will be made at that time.
Training for team members
PTHG will provide training to team members who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Receptionist, Customer Service Manager, Sales Managers and Organizational Development Manager.
This training will be provided to team members after they have commenced with their duties.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- PTHG’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing PTHG’s services
- Team Members will also be trained when changes are made to the accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way PTHG provides services to persons with disabilities can email PTHGfirstname.lastname@example.org . All feedback will be directed to the Customer Service Manager. A reply will be provided in the format requested by the individual; email, phone or in writing, within 5 business days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of PTHG that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.